Friday, June 16, 2006

Raising adults

The past week was a long one for me -- literally and figuratively. Up to now, I'm still undergoing physical and emotional self-medication.

I had to grow up five hundred times faster than normal pace in order to raise adults in five days. I needed to be a parent, a sister, a friend, a counselor, a therapist, a damage controller, a spongebob, the bearer of disturbing news...and then be myself again whenever I go to bed every night ever since. Heaven knows just how much I would long for each day to end and couldn't wait to reward myself with restful sleep. Superheroship is one exhausting business indeed, but my hands are tied. I still have to wake up every morning and rise up to all the occasions confronting me.

And for the nth time, I have to force myself to mature.

1 comment:

igor said...

Treasure your sleep... as you grow older or more mature, the more you'll treasure your sleep and your hobbies... :D (ever wondered why I still play with yoyos and watch anime and WWE?) hehehe... Speaking of Disney, never was explained why Goofy is a single parent nowadays. :D PS., your hands need not be tied. :D