Monday, June 23, 2008

I want my own clock

Truth is, I'm starting to get emotional little by little everyday. Whenever I look at the calendar lately, nostalgia wades in every time. If only I can have my own clock.

There is no doubt that my husband and I are totally excited about all the amazing things that's been coming along our way, most of which are products of incredible leaps of faith. Personally, I am grateful for everything. I am humbled by God's goodness. I just didn't realize soon enough that with every blessing that I receive, I have to prepare myself to take it and rake it all.

I'm beginning to have nightmarish dreams about going away. Weeks ago, I had this silly dream of not being able to exit the airport because my visa was torn apart in two, and I had to reattach it to my passport. And then two nights ago, I dreamt of not catching my plane for the oddest reason: I forgot to pack my bags...Maybe it's the stress. Though frankly, I don't think that that's just it.

I am not an amateur with long absences. This is not the first time that I'll be away from my loved ones. I know I shouldn't be wallowing this much. It's not like I'll be away forever. But it's an entirely different story this time. It's not easy.

As I am writing this, I would from time to time take a peep at my husband who is now fast asleep.

I will miss watching him in his sleep.


No comments: