Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not for barfing

My first encounter of an air sickness bag not used as such was when a friend gifted me with VCDs wrapped in a PAL barf bag for Christmas years ago. I thought it was "economical and resourceful". Imagine, all he needed to do was to nick a barf bag from an airplane and then turn it into a gift wrapper. Cool, diba? Wala pang gastos

However, my fixation on barf bags took off when I was on my first flight out to Geneva. And no, I wasn't thinking of converting it into a gift wrapper. I was meaning to use it for packaging my lunch kit when I start going to the ILO. I was able to take home two barf bags from Etihad (the airline I boarded). I was pleased with their sturdy bags.

Etihad's

When a friend in Geneva went to Johannesburg for a mission trip a few months ago, she not only brought home for me a barf bag. She even gave me Air France's amenity kit, as she travelled business class. Air France's barf bag isn't the durable kind, but the amenity kit is definitely a hit! I still use the purse, minus the blinders, socks, earplugs and all.






















Air France's



Since then, I would always ask my husband, my friends or whoever I know will travel by plane to bring me home a barf bag. When Vincent and I went to Palawan last December, we were able to bring home four PAL barf bags. This bag is classy:

PAL's



Vincent is going to Geneva for a meeting next month. I'm curious if KLM's barf bags are tough or not. As early as now, I wouldn't quit bugging him to bring me home four of these:

KLM's


I'll think about barfing next time

No comments: