Thursday, October 06, 2005

Out of boredom

Though wasted and with eyes heavily demanding sleep, still I wanted to see what's on TV last night, in the hopes of snagging a good movie that would qualify as a well-founded ground for me to stay up late. I may sound nuts but I felt like I needed to take it upon myself to sleep late because the next day would be a Thursday, my off-duty from work. And this Thursday was extra special since it also happens to be my last weekday off for this semester. Next week, I'll be shifting back to the conventional Saturday-Sunday off-duty sched.

[sidebar: We negotiate shifts and change work schedules every semester.]

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed because I ended up channel-surfing, bored to death and yet so stubborn to go to bed. With no sensible programs to watch, I ventured up into the higher channels (57, 58, 59...99) until I stopped over at channel 73: TelevisiĆ³n EspaƱol. Compared to the Chinese and Arabic channels, at least I could grasp and make out what I can see on the screen, I considered. I found tuning into this channel amusing; although I could only distinguish fleeting Spanish words and phrases from time to time (they speak so fast!). Thanks to this source of amusement, I did sleep late.

This morning, I switched onto TVE again. They had on a cooking show. I guess I'll be hooking up more on this station in the coming days.

1 comment:

igor said...

Yeah! I do that too from time to time. I find myself understanding a whole film if it's a spanish cannel. Japanese ones I could understand fleeting words too, but I'm at a loss with french and bahasa.