Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Swiss miss: My just reward


I finally made a demo of my almost three-month old internship project before my colleagues in the ILO Library this morning. That was like the climax of it all, much like a thesis defense presentation in graduate school. I'm happy that it turned out really well. I'm just waiting for some documents to be digitized, have the website translated into French and Spanish (I mentioned before that the ILO is trilingual), and then make the three sites public before I come back home. I even surprised myself when I said to them, "My goal is to see all of these up and running within two weeks. I'm here until October 31st, so I still have time." It wasn't really necessary for me to say the last sentence, but well, out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Everything else went slow-motioned after this morning. I congratulated myself with a cold Coke in can at lunch, and a pack of Maltesers!

Yey to me!

No comments: