Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Disneyhype

Photo credits to The Mouse PlanetMigraine strikes and I was confined once more at home. Way to go for a Monday. Whenever I'm literally helpless and at the mercy of ibuprofens, paracetamols and mefenamic acids, I would wish for two things to kill the pain and monotony: (1) restful sleep; and (2) nice programs on cable TV.


I caught a glimpse in the news about the grand opening salvo of Hong Kong Disneyland. As I am a self-professed fan of anything Disney, my excitement for this event was obvious, despite the drilling headaches. In my heart I was hoping (with crossed-fingers) that the Hong Kong parks wouldn't be a disappointment; expectedly not as spectacular as Anaheim's (Disney's original in California, USA) of course – though I haven't really been there, but not as disenchanting as Eurodisney (Parcs Paris).

Judging from the four corners of my colored television, I was convinced that HK resort is a must-see.

I've always had this childhood dream of experiencing Disneyland, and I know in my heart I will not stop until the spell is broken. I was all smiles when I entered the gates of Eurodisneyland, even though I went there all by myself, and not one of my "available" friends cared (and DARED!) to tag along (one of them even presupposed that Disney characters are suspicious beings). Though that trip was not really as magical as I've been banking on it to be, it was still a dream come true for me.

My future kids will see real Disneyland. Go, future kids! ;-)

P.S. The Philippines has Enchanted Kingdom to boot. And indeed, it is enchanting.

No comments: