Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Journals never lie

Long before weblogging came into being (I think Doogie Howser with his trusted WordStar-loaded XT PC started all this *wink wink*), I was into personal journals/diaries dating to as far back into grade school. Little did I know that manifestations of my lifetime affliction of OCD could be traced back to as early as my first decade on the face of the planet.

For starters, I was just fascinated at scribbling down non-chalantly, my day-to-day activities onto a special notebook, without really meaning to reserve them neither for occasional recollections nor for mere posterity. Wala lang. Somehow, I've found serenity in those notebooks I've accumulated over the years. They have become my sanctuary.

Journals don't lie. They would never lie, this I know for sure. Buried beneath those words borne down into those pages, no matter how much these have aged over time, are the deep-seated emotions and ingrained convictions one can never deny to have ever felt or acquired. You know for certain that it was no less than you yourself, and no one else, who've had those thoughts conceived at that very moment. It's a genuine testimonial of who you are and what you have become later on.

Having said that, I never saw such chronicling as just another clichéd girly stuff. Personally, it has done absolutely far more greater impact on me. Sentimental is the appropriate adjective; only that it's rooted miles and miles deeper.

No comments: