Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Memory lapse

For the record, I have to blog this one right in; else it'll slip off my head again.

I couldn't put the blame on my mefenamic acid intake, but since the week began, I've been running around headless. Well, I sure have a colorful history of forgetfulness to boot, but this week was proving itself to be quite a cut above the rest. And to be frank, I'm alarmed!

Monday:

I forgot the keys to my room. My cousin asked me to buy CFL lamps and a socket for the kitchen...I arrived home from school all alone. Where have all the lamps gone? They're still at the store.


Tuesday:

After waking up, I placed my cell phone at a strategic corner of our bedroom to keep it visible for me to snatch it up just before setting off for work. Aware of that daunting habit of absentmindedness, I begged my cousin to remind me of my CFL errand. As I checked on my bag for my phone an hour later, ta-dah! No phone. Still stuck on that strategic corner, I presumed. The whole day, I had to stubbornly hark back where I placed my pen, what I had to get from my office desk, etc. At times, I would forget who I was supposed to call up the moment I reached for the phone's receiver. Somehow, minute information chips off my head along the way at a 10-second step interval between our communal PCs to the phones...Oh, and yes, no CFLs yet again.


Wednesday:

Though still high from my pain killer intake (for throat infection I suffered from the night before; Self-medication. Please don't try that at home), I still had it in my head that I had two appointments to attend to in the morning. This time around, my cell phone’s tucked in my bag, but for goodness sake, I forgot my room keys again! I went to listen to a friend's lecture/presentation at my college. I knew I was running late for one committee meeting, so I scrambled out of the lecture room a while later. As I pulled up the glass doors and announced my presence at the meeting place, it was only then that I realized that I was one day early from that appointment. There, there, today's Wednesday not Thursday...And the CFLs? I dated all my correspondences one day late and apparitioned to a meeting a day early, and you ask me about the CFLs?! Why am I not surprised?


I hope I'm not getting any worse all throughout the remainder of the week.

2 comments:

marc said...

i am all smiles, you funny girl you! this is so cute! and that entry last september for me, i am humbled... talk about memory lapses, what do you think of me losing my laptop inside the train from koln to brussels?! hehehe...

i'll link you na ha? :*

Christine said...

hey, whatever happened to that laptop nga pala?! you mean you weren't able to recover that??!!!

funny you know, until now i still suffer from memory lapses. just today, i thought i lost my "codigo" of appointments for tomorrow. 3 hours later, it resurfaced (palusot, hehe) in one of the boxes just right in front of me! argh! i am so hopeless :-|