Friday, December 30, 2005

Recapping Yuletide 2005

Time passes swiftly by and it astounds me. As I've mentioned in my first Christmas post some months back, it's the wait for Christmas that keeps me high.

[Sidebar: The holiday stir is still very much felt, though. This afternoon, I paid a quick stop over at a nearby supermarket to get grocery stuffs and to my horror; there were no grocery baskets and carts! Long lines everywhere doesn't surprise any one average Filipino urban dweller these days, but queuing up for a grocery basket? That was something I have never experienced before. And I must admit, that was a good one (wink).]



Yearnings

I remember praying everyday for December 16th to come since the twelfth month began. By that day then, our office Christmas party's been dealt with and my job as program committee head (Which by the way was never my specialty. I just happen to be fortunate to have creative back up) would be concluded. Well, that day has come and gone by so quickly, it's as if I never prayed for it to pull in and then finish off.



Lahar in San Narciso, Zambales, Philippines

Next to my "longings list" was that sought-after country style holiday I've been looking forward to for months. For five days, I was forcefully abstained from my impatient and quarrelsome nature (praise God!) and drowned into the eat-and-sleep marathons. Pumping water from the well (i.e., poso) to fill up 3 pails for my daily bath was one provincial sampling I took pleasure in. Not to mention charcoal-cooked dishes! This yearning too came true.





Bonuses



PSB in U.P.

During the traditional Christmas Lantern Parade of our university, I got together with former Brussels Pinoy alumni who are now based here at home. It turned out to be a mini-reunion as we all recounted our European adventures amid the 15-minute or so fireworks display hovering above us. That was some bonus.






But the best Christmas bonus I got this year was courtesy of Vincent...Ta-dah! This Disney Princess song collection CD!!! Hehehe.










I just love Christmas!!!

No comments: