Saturday, December 31, 2005

Yearend Blues

All along I thought I've already gotten over this end-of-the-year sentiment -- that tiny pinch of nostalgia happening seconds as December 31st slips gradually into January 1st. I almost got for myself that congratulatory shoulder pat, next to the customary "Yes, you made it. No emo-emo this year." accolade. But oh, when I woke up yesterday morning, the picture of the old hermit wearing the 2005 sash surrendering the scepter over to the cherub on a 2006 sash (the thing you see in old Pilipino comics) painted vividly in my face.

And then I felt the pinch once again.

2 comments:

marc said...

ang drama ng mama! hehehe! by the wat, kaiinggit naman yun pics nyo sa lantern parade. pwede humingi? :D

Christine said...

drama ba? hehehe. miss you marcky!