Friday, July 29, 2005

How Could It Be?

I blame my cousin (a jazz buff) for leaving me off with "How Could It Be?" as my last-song-syndrome a couple of weeks back. For days, it had been my theme music in all corners! When I told some friends about this, 2 of them volunteered, "Did you know that it was Eddie Murphy who sang that song?!" "No way! Really?!!", I gushed. And at that point I imagined Donkey and Mushu singing the chorus as one. It felt weird!


This morning, the song was playing over our online radio at the office. There it is again! The picture of a mutant that's half-donkey, half-dragon belting, "How could it be? [echoes] That you don't love me anymooooooore..." right before me! Maybe I should shelve my Mulan video for a while to avoid this confusion.

Trivia: The song was in Eddie Murphy's 1985 album.

No comments: