Thursday, July 28, 2005

Rain on my parade

Today being a Thursday, I was off-duty from work and had all my day planned out: pancakes and coffee with a friend in the morning, devote the entire afternoon for thesis-writing, and then cap the day off with my usual evening delight of free dinner cum TV goofing with the Abrigo brothers.

The pancakes happened (plus hash brown and sausage on the side, yum!), afternoon paper: negative (which is a real shame because I ended up nailed on my seat updating this blog's layout), dinner was a blast (2 helpings of Denise' pesto downed with Coke). My day was nearly perfect, except that what I didn't see forthcoming was an unsolicited afternoon dose of boiling point that made my stomach cringe until dinner was served.

I was like a bomb that was to go off any millisecond, but managed to cover up the steam just in time for the impending explosion. It just irks me when some narrow-minded people pretend to be smart-aleck and then claim that they're being deprived of things that aren't theirs for keeps in the first place. All the more irritating is when these people are being downright accusative and unreasonable to innocent souls who are just hanging tough to have a fruitful day. Argh! The thought of it just pisses me off.

Some rain.

No comments: