Saturday, January 21, 2006

It used to be simple

Little Manhattan


As told by a 10-year-old lad in love:

"Love is not just about saying words..."
"Love is making that grand leap..."
"Love is going an extra mile, even when it hurts..."


In truth, I was never a fan of romantic tales (some close friends even think I lack love potion in my veins). I would cringe and squirm at its mushy sensation/effect on me. But when kids talk of "making that grand leap" in love, that is when romance woos my heart. If and only if for this reason alone, I can afford to be mushy.

I guess the subject on love evolves as one grows old and gains full access to its sweetness and bitterness over time. Once upon a time, it used to be so simple. For kids, there are no buts. Everything is absolute (absolutely yes or no). No reservations, whatsoever. On the other hand, for adults, love begins to come in degree/s. What was once deemed uncomplicated somehow cultivated complexities along the way. Consequently, loving has become conditional. And unconditional love does not come easy nowadays.

Luckily, it is never too late to have a child-like heart in love. You can always make that rebound and be a child again.

Wow. That was me talking.

No comments: