Wednesday, May 07, 2008

House arrest

I've been under "house arrest" for being sick for almost a week now. Six days straight to be exact. I'm a walking and croaky talking viral infection. Name it: flu, colds, telenovela-ish coughs (my husband says my coughing sounds like that of a melodrama queen heard over AM radio during siesta)...and just as I'm over with my on-off fever, then comes sore eyes! Ano ba.

The red in my eyes is almost gone, though, but I still need to confine myself at home for one more day. My worry was my husband catching all these nasty contagion after me. And so he had to change his bed linens, camp on sleeping bag (wawa naman) and disinfect himself from everything I use (phone, TV remote, et al). All that did not seem to work. After we woke up this morning, he was coughing badly. We both went to see the doctor a few hours ago. We had separate prescriptions, but with one medication. He's now down in bed with fever while I'm here barking to blog.

It's my turn to be the doctor. I'm done being the patient.

No comments: