Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Swiss miss: Fall is coming

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/


I've been constantly in check of the weather since mid-August (if my faulty memory serves me right), mainly, for rain. I'm not an umbrella person, so I'm always on the look out when I should bring an -- or in my earlier days, kidnap my flatmates' -- umbrella. Interestingly, weather forecast here is something you can depend on 99% of the time. Upon learning that, I would always see to it that I print the forecasts at the beginning and end of the week, and prop it up (that, plus the bus time tables) on my study desk at home. It's not an obssessive-compulsive thing. I just need to keep myself in check all the time (e, OC nga).

Since I've been accustomed to this (ay, OC nga talaga), I noticed some changes these past days. Sunrise and sunset have been extended and shortened to 30 minutes respectively. I thought it only gets cold after a downpour, but judging from this week's 5-day forecast, I'm now thinking twice. Could it be that autumn is really coming on in full swing?

I was bragging to my husband that I now have rosy cheeks (naks!) because of the cool breeze. This morning however, when I felt the cold, damp air on my face (while steam escapes from my nose and mouth as I breathe) on my way to work, I got worried. I can feel my face and lips going dry and am feeling a little itchy again because of the cold climate. I guess it's time to bathe on body lotion twice over and then wear my second skin.

Oh, wait. If autumn indeed has come, I only have a few weeks left to stay here then :)

No comments: